Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A mixed couple of days

I had a mixed couple of days on sky poker playing 2p - 4p cash.  One bad decision cost me a buy-in.  Essentially there was a min raise to 8p and I popped it up to 20c.  I think I was re-reraised at which point I could fold, call and see a flop or get it all in. The villain was new at the table but had bought in the full amount.  I decided to Jam and got called by AA.   I think I really should have folded here.   Its really these 1 or 2 bad decisions costing me a buy-in which undo all my previous good work.

 I had another situation where I was dealt QQ and re-reraised preflop and the flop came down 678.  villain bet into me and I jammed and villain showed 9s10s.   sigh.  I think this is fairly standard. I  don't really think theres any other way of playing the hand apart of jamming pre-flop, which I think is bad. Maybe at a higher level, you can fold QQ here, but at this level I thinkI played it correctly.

Well, I managed to wipe out these losses and make a little bit more money, mainly by taking advantage of some terrible play by my opponents. In one instance, my reraise was met by a shove all-in which I was always going to call , considering it was 1/3 of the pot for me to call , and I was met by K3s.   I was ahead and my hand held.
Hopefully a few more players like the one above will come along, and not get lucky. 



1 comment:

  1. The hand QQ vs Ts9s has a lot of equity preflop, 80% vs 20%, so in the long term you will win a lot. Postflop, is really a very coordinated flop, he got lucky. That's all, move on to the next table.

    ReplyDelete