Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bounty hunter tournaments

Tonight I decided to see if I could satellite into a bounty hunter tournament on sky poker. With 1 in 5 qualifying , I made it quite comfortably. In fact I was the biggest stack when the satellite ended. Well onto the main event which would normally have been an £11 buy in. The really attractive thing about sky bounties is that each time you knock a player out, your head value increases, which encourages other people to gamble if they see you have a high head value and they have a chance of knocking you out. Most sites just give you the same bounty value for each player you knock out. Sky adds 1/4 to your head value and gives you the rest. So just as an example the bounty's tonight started at £5 per head. It was a £10 +. £1 fee tournament. After I knocked the first player out , my head value increased to £6.25 and I was awarded £3.75 in prize money. I eventually exited shoving aj and being called by k9 off which just had me covered. This was a call made purely based on my head value which was over £9 so understandable in the context of the bounty hunter tournament. I made £13.25 for a buy in of £2.40 so a small profit was made but it all adds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment