Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Saturday, January 7, 2012

More Omaha

I played an omaha cash home game on pokerstars. I was happy with the majority of my play, although I am still not aggro enough. I started off quite nicely picking up small pots, and making lots of bluffs on paired boards.

I did have one bluff on a paired board which went horribly wrong when villain had flopped a house , and this undid a lot of the good work I had done earlier.  I  was nearly 3 buy-ins up at this stage, and I had received all the indications that I was beaten but still pushed in when villain was committed to calling a shove.  That was 1 buy-in I could have saved myself by just folding.   I had another couple of situations where I was ahead on the flop and villains draws came in on the river but these were against short stacks.

One of my biggest wins was fairly standard. I had a monster draw hand on the flop and I really wanted to get it in as quickly as possible.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.10 BB (4 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($19.32)
SB ($16.63)
Hero (BB) ($6)
UTG ($12.51)

Preflop: Hero is BB with
UTG bets $0.20, Button calls $0.20, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, Button calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.95)  (2 players)
Hero bets $1.86, Button raises to $7.44, Hero calls $3.29 (All-In)

Turn: ($12.25)  (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($12.25)  (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $12.25 | Rake: $0.60

Results:
Button had K, 6, 8, K (one pair, Kings).
Hero had Q, 9, 10, 10 (flush, Ace high).
Outcome: Hero won $11.65





No comments:

Post a Comment