Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ok, well its IPO time again, and I am playing on Saturday (Day 1B).
I've managed to play this event, every year, since its inception and there really is a great atmosphere. The only thing that lets it down is the standard of some of the bar food served up by the regency.

The first year I was there, I opted to get a burger from the Bar Menu, rather than  the standard nosh which was being served up for the poker players.  It didn't cost that much extra, compared to the poker nosh, and it was absolutely lovely.  
The next year, I was really looking forward to the same burger again, and I was hugely disappointed with what was clearly a bought in microwaved burger. I'm not the greatest cook in the world, but I would struggle to produce something that bad at home.  I wasnt the only one who was of this opinion. Jesse May was absolutely starving and ordered two burgers, despite me warning him how bad they were.   He ended up eating one and a bit burgers.   
Needless  to say, the following year, I declined to eat at the regency, and instead took a short walk down to the spar shop and had a lovely breakfast roll, for half the price and twice the taste.  
This will be the 4th year that the IPO will be held in the regency, and I sincerely hope that the standard of catering has improved. 

It will be the first time I have played live poker since I had the operation on my arm.   i'm still having physiotherapy at the beacon clinic, and it is going extremely well, and it looks like I just have one session left.  I'm due to see the orthopaedic surgeon next week to follow up in progress as well.   Hopefully, come november, I can get back up on a horse.


No comments:

Post a Comment