Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Running Bad in CASH

Lets start with being honest with myself.  I have a few hundred leaks in my cash games, but at least I have been working on them.   I have been working my way through the full tilt academy challenges, and I can usually complete the challenge within 2 days.  Most of the time, the delay is waiting to get dealt a specific range of hands in a specific position and the action before you must happen in a certain way. 

My biggest leak seems to be calling big bets /shoves because they look like bluffs.  Sometimes they are semi-bluffs but more often they are decent sized pocket pairs.  If I could stop this leak I coulkd become a very profitable micro-stakes player.

My currrent challenge is value betting which is definitely something I need to work on.  However, I have almost wiped out my roll at this point.  Having flopped a flush draw and had a pair as well, I bet every street including  the river, only to be reraised all in and I felt committed to call.  Opponent had a slightly higher flush draw.   Now as far as I'm concerned, that is just one of those things which happens.  Reload and get on with it.  

Funnily enough I seem to have been encountering a new breed of player.   These guys call your raise out of position and then pretty much shove any flop.   If you don't have anything you can't call them. Any tips on how to deal withy them would be appreciated.


The net result here is  essentially that I am losing the hands when I don't go to showdown. My showdown line is at least positive.
So heres a hand where I decided to get it all in with nothing.  E




Full Tilt Poker $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1341743

DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter



CO: $10.00

BTN: $10.40

Hero (SB): $11.67

BB: $13.40

UTG: $18.56

MP: $6.50



Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with Q of diamonds A of clubs

1 fold, MP raises to $0.35, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.35, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.15



Flop: ($3.45) 9 of hearts 3 of clubs 9 of spades (2 players)

Hero bets $2.25, BTN calls $2.25



Turn: ($7.95) 5 of clubs (2 players)

Hero bets $7.92, BTN calls $6.65 all in



River: ($21.25) 3 of diamonds (2 players - 1 is all in)



Final Pot: $21.25




Villain was multi-tabling about 6 tables whereas I was single tabling here.
I was entering way two many pots, but ususally for a raise and was 3 betting a little light, eg button raises.

No comments:

Post a Comment