Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Quick update on tournaments, challenges , etc

Well I had a few challenges going:
I was trying to clear a relaod bonus on Full Tilt playing entirely shorthanded 6-max cash games while 6 tabling.

This started off badly with lots of outdraws, etc, or set over set, big pair into bigger pair.   So pretty much I was $20 down. I then sort of got things back up to not quite break even by dropping the tables down to 4.  I then had a few other sessions when I ran into luckboxes, etc or just got outplayed.    I was also doing some full tilt academy challenges at the same time, which really had a negative impact on my game. There isn't anything fundamentally wrong with their challengse, it's just not a good idea to do them while trying to achieve something else at the same time.   Basically, after completing the bonus on fiull tilt, just breaking even I would have had $86 in my account.  I lost $48 in cash trying to clear the remaining $30 but I did run below equity,a s my all in equity says I should have only lost $20.   To be honest I played really badly in some places and on some days.  I think my cash game needs a lot more work.

 As for the UKIPT cork chaallenge, I played a rebuy tournament and that cost me about $30 from the $50 i deposited, I played some sit and goes to try and rebuild the bankroll, but that again went pear shaped.  So much so that I now havd $6 left plus a $11 tourney ticket.   So I really need to work on rebuilding here again.

This morning, I had a turn around in fortune and came 2nd in the $1500 gtd pl holdem  tournament on tilt for a nice prize of $321.     I wa chip leader for a long time, and I tried to lock up a deal when I was chip leader, and I had 1 other guy (who was 2nd in chips) who was pretty much interested.  The other 2 players weren't interested and they were the 2 short stacks.    The big clash came when there was 4 left, and I was the chip leader.  I had 99 and had raised from the button. The BB reraised and I re-reraised and we got it all in. BB had TT, and that propelled me down and the BB into the chip lead.  The sb and the other guy who was 2nd in chips earlier, dropped out pretty quickly.  I was a massive dog heads-up suffering from a 10-1 chip disadvantage and basically couldn't recover.  My bluff on the river on a paired board didn't work and I was gone the next hand.

I'm pretty certain that I would have won had the 99 outdrawn the TT, as I would have been a massive chip leader.  I'm happy with getting in preflop and think I was just unlucky to run into an overpair.  The $500+ first prize would have been very nice, but $300 is a decent consolation, especially as I bought in with a step 3 ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment