Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Monday, March 12, 2012

Showjumping league 2012

The 2012 league started off on the 11th march. I was aboard Ranger who is a horse I had only ridden a couple of times before. I certainly don't remember jumping him at all. He had already gone before me and he was sweating up before his first rider had his round. I I watched him with interest and saw him put in a stop at the planks. After he was finished his two rounds, I walked him around for a good 15 minutes before getting aboard. We had a couple of warm up jumps , just enough for me to get a feel of him jumping.
Time for our round then and we had gone clear from 1 to 8 with me being slightly unbalanced over the first part of the double but I made a quick recovery. I forgot we were supposed to jump 9 and 10 in the first round so I circled around and approached 9 but we had a run out at 10. I decided to jump both 9 and 10 again as I wanted to jump the line but this resulted in elimination as I had jumped fence 9 twice. The second round was uneventful and we managed to go clear. Overall I was very happy with my performance. Ranger is by no means easy over jumps jump performance and several times I had to use my leg to stop him running out. A good days work overall. This was one of those days where the performance was more important than the result

No comments:

Post a Comment